Friday, November 24, 2006

My meathead hat with Doraemon

This is my meathead hat for Larissa's knit along. Cutie chose the Doraemon attached to the brim. I wanted to embellish it with something a little more classier, but my LYS had very little to choose from, and it wasn't like I could knit or crochet a cute flower for him..... Because I followed the pattern for an adult size hat, using double strands of Lamb's Pride Bulky and 10mm needles, I didn't bother to check about gauge, and it came out very small. I didn't realize I knit THAT tight. It is almost too small for Cutie, but he likes it enough to have worn it to Kindergarten yesterday: The main part is Oatmeal, and the stripe and pompom is in Brown Heather. I had fun using a pompom maker. It was a very quick knit; done in one night!
Kiddo has a great time bobbing his head back and forth, "I'm making a ball bounce on my head!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! This is one of my favorite meatheads so far.

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kawaisugiru. Doraimon! Oh, I miss Japan ... ::sigh::

12:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I miss Doreamon! It's one of my favorite cartoon tv program :)

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home