Saturday, February 10, 2007

Socks with self-striping yarn

Yarn: Fjord-Look (100 g = 420m, 75% wool, 25% Nylon, color 716, Made in Italy)

Pattern: Six-stitch, top-down, with Slipped Stitch Rib, from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch

Needle: Clover Takumi bamboo size 3 circulars, 40cm & 60cm

Thanks to Fyberduck and sockknitters.com, and this tutorial, I learned how to knit 2 socks on 2 circulars. I LOVE knitting socks this way. It is very nice to have both socks done at the same time!

Since this was my first project with self-striping yarn, I knit a swatch to see how the striping came about, then used the ball-winder that came in this ridiculous box. This Japanese company, Royal, must have such a dominating market share that they don't bother shooting a new picture for the box.


After the swatch, I had 2 balls of yarn, 42 grams each.

The 6-stitch pattern was easy, and since these were for Cutie's little feet, I was done in no time!

There was still a lot of yarn left, so I have started another pair. The toe-up, 5-stitch version will be coming soon!


1 Comments:

Blogger mia said...

My, my, my... the photo must come from the 80's.. it was the same for the baby-rental catalogs. All those horrible horrible dresses and hairdo's from the 80's.. or maybe they mean to be super a la mode, picking up the recent (more or less) revival of the 80's fashion...

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home